Monday, April 12, 2010

Wire and Wood

Twice in the last week, I've taken a trip down to Holmes county with my mom and sister, also known around here as Amish country. There are so many cute stores down there, I just didn't know what to do with myself. Antique malls left and right, unique gift shops on every corner... a shopping paradise. By the end of the first day, our SUV was packed so full of goodies that we had no choice but to call it a day. My finds for the day included...



An antique pine-framed mirror, a mini wood stepping stool, a wire locker basket, a striped linen tea towel, and a nest of speckled eggs. I was most excited to find the wooden stool. My mom has one just like it, and I always admire it (and plot to steal it) every time I'm at her house. It's just so tiny and cute!

Then, there was the chair. There it sat, looking so proper and pretty with it's chocolate-y linen seat and beautiful scrolled white-wash wood frame. Just perfect...



... and if I had an extra $700 just laying around, it would be mine.

I did some serious bathroom cleaning on Saturday. Scrubbed everything top to bottom until my little hands couldn't scrub anymore. As I was down on hands and knees washing the floor, I thought to myself, why don't I have a Swiffer? It would make this so much easier. But there's just something about cleaning on your hands and knees that makes the end result seem, well, cleaner.

Speaking of cleaning, this office of mine could use some work. On that note...

No comments:

Post a Comment